Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Lots of Heads Better Than One Muddeled One?

We want to order Timmy's headstone right away and need ideas. The stone will be the same basic stone as Tyson's (same color granite, same shape, same lettering etc.) but we want to individualize it too. I am thinking of a Lily of the Valley stem on the opposite site of Tyson's Cala Lily that represents sweetness and purity. Then we need a picture (like the Christ embracing the man one on Tyson's). I am considering a Lamb lying with a Lion that symbolizes his courage and meekness or the Christ and lamb picture on the program or a picture of Christ with welcoming arms that is a new Simon Dewey print called Abide with Me. Also we need something on the ribbon where Tyson's says "Our Sunshine Forever". Our ideas: "Our Sweet Boy" or "Our Sweet Angel" or "Our Sweet Timmy" or "Love Lives On"??????

Also FYI: A tree symbolizes "Life everlasting"
Morning Glory ~ "renewed life"
Flying bird or dove ~ Freedom
Ivy ~ Continuing life

Your opinions please!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Cami said...

Morning Glory is a noxious weed...don't like it! I do like that the tree or dove are a little different...other than a flower (the tree is good because of dads poem, but the doves are something that will now always make me think of Tim). I am still thinking about the phrase. The picture, I think just needs to include Christ...whichever one you choose. I'm not much help, like usual!

Adam Weaver said...

I like the picture of the Lamb with Christ. Tim was gentle like a lamb and I relate it to him. I like the tree because of the Good Timber poem as well. I think that you should have a picture of me there as well since I was Tim's favorite brother.

Britt said...

I'm with Adam and Cami-- I liked the picture on the program. I also vote for the tree (Good Timber) or the dove.
I think Derek mentioned "Special Angel Boy" as a phrase... I'll keep thinking on it, though.