Wednesday, June 28, 2006
A Couple of Days in the Big Apple
Well, here's the scoop. On Saturday morning I did the Loveland Lake-to-Lake Triathlon. I took 4th place! It was a great race. I hurried home, packed our bags and then Alyson and I were off to New York! It was a great trip. We got back last night. I'll give the rundown. We got into New York at around 9pm. I called Derek from the airport to tell him about my triathlon. We caught our taxi and went straight to our hotel in Times Square! You could see pretty much all of Times Square from our room! We stayed up cruising the streets of New York until about 1 am. We got some famous New York pizza. We saw Rockafeller Center and the Today show area. We walked up 5th Avenue, we ate some great ice cream on Broadway. Our intentions were to get up the next morning and go to church in Manhattan. We stayed up way too late the night before. The busy Saturday and the 2 hour time change caught up to us. We both slept right through our alarm and didn't wake up until 11 (that's 9 in Colorado)! Unbelievable. We were so mad at ourselves. We ate a great Brunch at the top of the Marriot Marquis Hotel where we were staying and stuffed ourselves silly. We then went to the play "Wicked." (We bought the tixs on a Monday over the internet that's how we justified it.) The play was incredible! It is about the witches from Wizard of Oz and it's extremely creative and fun. We then made a mistake. Guess what Sunday was? Gay and Lesbian Pride Day! Oh yes. We have seen Babylon. I cannot begin to describe the people that we saw. Besides being extremely offensive they completely blocked the route to the restaurant that we had reservations to. We got there about an hour and a half after the reservation, but it was incredible! It was a Japanese restaurant called Nobu. Alyson went conservative with the menu. I told the waiter to give me a traditional 6 course Japanese menu. I had food that I have never heard of nor could I describe. It was AWESOME!! Alyson wouldn't touch anything that I had. I honestly have never seen food like that, but it was good. We then went to the Empire State Building, but the visibility was bad. We walked around on Broadway and got some more ice cream and didn't get to bed until around 1 again. Monday morning I got up around 8, but Alyson wasn't budging. She was going to run in Central Park with me, but I honestly couldn't pry her out of bed. I went for a run and ended up running about 12 miles. I ran the entire Central Park! It was AWESOME! When I got back, Alyson was still asleep! "A good vacation includes sleeping because we don't get to at home."-Alyson Weaver 2006. We went to a restaurant called "Serendipity." Yes, it was in the movie with the same name. It had incredible food and even better desert. We then took the subway all the way down to Ground Zero. It was humbling to say the least. We then did what I promised...went shopping and shopping and shopping. I even bought some shoes. We then went via taxi to another restaurant were I feasted on an entire lobster and Alyson had Chicken Parmigiana. We then dropped off our shopping stuff and went to Central Park for a romantic carriage ride through the park. We got an un-expected fireworks show while going through the park that startled our horse. It was great! We then went and got some famous New York Cheesecake at the Carnegie Deli and then walked back past the David Letterman show to our hotel. We got to bed around 12:30 am. The next morning (yesterday) we had planned on going to the temple, but once again couldn't get our butts out of bed (not even me). We didn't have time to do a session. We did get a couples massage on 5th Avenue however. We then went to the Empire State Building again, but the wait was 2 hours and so we couldn't do it. We walked through Macy's on 34th and Broadway and then had to head to the airport after Alyson got her favorite of Pastrami on Rye at one of the New York Deli's and I had another piece of that awesome pizza. We were delayed 2 hours in New York before finally heading home. It was a very memorable vacation! We all need to take a trek to the Big Apple!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a fun trip! I love Alyson's quote. We can't wait to go.... when are you taking all of us?! :)
I am so glad you included that part about stopping to call Derek in the airport...the story would not have been complete without that!:)
Post a Comment